- Supports 4K60, 2.7K120, 1080p240 Video
- Capture 12MP Photos at 30 fps
- Ultra-Wide-Angle Glass Lens
- Waterproof to 33'
- Photos: up to 12MP, 30 fps burst, time-lapse mode, raw file option, Wide Dynamic Range mode
- Videos: up to 60 fps in UHD 4K, up to 120 fps in 1440p, up to 240 fps in 1080p
- Waterproof to 33'
- Simple one-button control
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Advanced wind-noise reduction using 3 microphones
- Voice control
- Digital video stabilization support for 4K up to 30 fps, 1080p up to 120 fps
- Rear touchscreen display
- Automatic upload to the cloud
- Built-in GPS
Video Recording Modes
All video recording modes can be as simple or advanced as you want them to be. If you only want to ensure that a shot is captured, auto-exposure is at your disposal. For those who are shooting less off-the-cuff footage and want complete control, manual control of exposure is also available.
Audio for video is recorded using three microphones. In normal conditions, the HERO6 Black will process the audio for a stereo signal. If high winds start affecting the audio, the HERO6 Black can intuit which microphone is picking up the best sound and automatically switch to that microphone in real-time to filter out any excess wind noise. While the audio will only be in mono, you will know that you're getting the highest possible audio quality.
WDR Mode: Bridging the gap between JPEG capture and raw, the WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) mode is also available. If the scene has dark shadows and bright highlights, WDR mode will retain better detail in those areas.
Burst Mode: Bursts of photos can be taken during high-action sequences to ensure that you capture the moment. The camera's buffer can fit up to 30 photos from a single burst, and burst durations can be set from six seconds to one second, effectively offering a 30 fps burst of 12MP photos.
Time-Lapse Mode: Record clouds floating by, traffic snaking through cityscapes, or stars and constellations tracing their way across the sky with the time-lapse mode. Set your interval from a picture every 1/2 second to every minute for different effects.
Use your iOS or Android device to live-preview and play back shots, control your GoPro, and share on the fly.
- Live preview makes it easy to frame the perfect shot
- Get full remote control of all camera functions
- Share photos and videos to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and more
GoPro Quik (iOS/Android)
Edit videos with just a few taps.
- Analyze your photos and video clips to find great moments
- Adds transitions and effects, and sync everything to the beat of the music
- Customize your story with text, filters, music, and more
GoPro Quik | Desktop (Mac/Windows)
Import and edit your videos with just a few clicks.
- Transform your footage into edited videos synced to music
- Automatically import your photos and videos and share your best shots
- Comes bundled with GoPro Studio for more advanced editing